Monday, January 30, 2012

Make Me Smile


It is Monday again
vacation time has ended
and it is back to work time

I did have a good week for the most part
and I thought I would share some of the things
that made me smile


being able to clean at my own pace
instead of trying to get it all done in one fell swoop

I did some organizing and ironed the new
dresser scarf my MIL got me for Christmas

it is perfect


while out running errands on Wednesday
I cam across this at Home Sense
I love it and it is going in the living room
once I get it repainted



these little babies made me squeal with delight
they are my very favorite biscuit from overseas
and I found a spot to buy them here
I was a happy girl!


one day I put everything on the back burner
and decided to curl up and watch a movie

I read this book a couple of years ago 
for book club
and although I did not enjoy the book
I was interested to see the movie
it was on the movie network so I went for it
and I did enjoy the movie more than the book
it is not often that I say that.


now for an update on Mom...

it has not been the best week-end
hoping for an improvement when I went in on Saturday
and they was not one

then on Sunday I went in to learn
that she has a fever and an elevated heart rate
plus they are keeping a close eye on her kidneys
as they are not working very well right now

I know improvements will take time
but on Saturday I really needed a big hug
and a good cry

the hug came from Trev ~ I do love this man of mine
then I sat down and read all the comments on Facebook
and that started the tears
they were needed and theraputic

prayers are still welcome
and I want to thank you for your comments
emails and tweets

hugs & love


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning Lori! I didn't realize that your mama was sick. I'm so sorry to hear that! Praying for a speedy recovery and for peace for you all. It looks like you enjoyed your vacation. It's so fun to run across something like those biscuits!

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Sending you cyber-hugs from Spain xx

Mikal said...

Sending hugs, love, and prayers dear friend! Always here for you if you need to cry, yell, or laugh. Love you so!

Cathi said...

Lots of love, hugs, smiles and prayers, sweet girl! xxoo

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Lori,
So sorry that I've missed the last couple of posts....I'm having trouble commenting on your blog.
I'm so sorry to hear that you mum is poorly .... I know that yo and your family will be making it as easy as possible for her and to make everything go as smoothly as possible.....and, don't forget to look after yourself too. These times can take their toll on the relatives.
Take care Lori and, I think a couple of drinks are called for.....purely medicinal !!!! XXXX

Cathi said...

P.S. I forgot to tell you that I love that picture you got at Home Sense - it's perfect! xxoo

Tara said...

I hope you can feel the big virtual hug I'm sending you right now...my thought and prayers are with your mom.