Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Potpourri

It's Friday

and I made it...


I am slowly getting Christmas all packed up
and my house back to normal

why oh why is it so much harder to take down
than it was to put out??


Molly is back to normal
with no ill effects that we can see

little bugger ~ back in her crate while we are out
I would much rather her be cooped up all day
than worry and stew wondering what kind of trouble
she is getting into at home!




today marks 11 years
but I am trying not to dwell on it this year
I will take some time to reflect
and remember
and smile

maybe I will even sing one of his favorite songs



little smiling faces




after all of the decorations
are banished from the house
I will cozy up with a blanket
and a cup of tea
and enjoy the rest of the week-end



missing you Dad ~ maybe today a little more than usual

I keep the memories in my heart
and love you still...

Have a wonderful week-end.
xo




5 comments:

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Sending big hugs your way dear one. I know how much this day hurts more than any other. It's been almost 30 years since I lost my mom and that day is the worst still. Tell that little bugger to behave! So glad she is feeling better though!

Cathi said...

Glad Molly is much better! Those dad and daughter quotes and photos are tugging at my heart today. I have been missing my dad so much lately especially this week as my aunt (his sister) is slipping away from us as we speak. Lots of love and hugs to you, sweet friend! Aren't we lucky to have had some pretty wonderful dads (and moms too!). xxoo

Unknown said...

Oh Lori, I truly have such a lump in my throat & tears in my eyes reading this....beautiful images and I know how much you miss & love your Dad.

Love & hugs to you sweet girl, take care of yourself....thinking of you xxxx

Farmgirl Paints said...

I'm missing my friends today more than usual. Different kind of loss, but yet the same in a way. So glad you got Christmas down. It about did me in.

Mikal said...

Ah sweets, this made me teary too, but in a good way for the sweet sweet memories of your papa. I'm giving you big hugs now, ok?!!