Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Potpourri

Hello sweets
it's Friday again
and I am a little late on the draw today


thank you for all the wonderful comments on my sheepish post
you guys sure know how to lift a girl up



I will be honest with you 
while perusing Pinterest this week
I have been drawn to white
but I have also discovered that I am the beige girl
beige like burlap beige
too funny



I had these photos all chosen in my file
for today ~ then almost changed them 
after today's events




but decided to go with it
don't you just love this little window seat
it has been a dream of mine for a 
long long time
someday....
 back to today...

I rushed Mom to the hospital at 6am this morning
with severe abdominal pain

I have never ever ever seen her in that much pain
as her threshold is quite high
compared to wimpy me of course

so we get to Emerg and they scooped her up
and took the best care of her

tests for this and that
then rushed her into emergency surgery

she had an aneurysm on her aorta
that they have been watching for the last couple of years
and were waiting for it to get to a certain size
before they operated

well wait no more as it had ruptured
and now in danger


she made it through the surgery
and now we wait ~ she is not out of the woods yet
and we are hoping and praying

I spent some time this morning in the hospital chapel
and came out feeling a bit better

but more prayers will help
they always help,

xo


7 comments:

Mikal said...

{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}

Cathi said...

You definitely have my prayers, love and lots of hugs, my friend! xxoo

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, Lori...you must be a wreck. I am thinking of you and praying all around for you, your mom and family. I would give you lots of big hugs if I were there. Hang in there.

XO,
JAne

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Oh my gosh, Lori... I will be thinking of you and your mom!! I am so sorry - I hope everything continues to improve!

Donna said...

Prayers definitely ascending - for healing for your mom and strength for both of you!

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Sending prayers from Spain xx

kimberly said...

Hi sweets,
Checking in to see how your mom is doing after the weekend. I have been thinking of you and sending you all of my happy thoughts~
Love to you,
xx