Monday, January 9, 2012

A Bubble Bath & A Book


Good morning sunshine
did you have a good week-end?

I was a tad bit under the weather
but I did not let it get me down
my good friend Tylenol 
helped me along

I did get my decorations
all put away ~ except for a little pile of things
sitting on the kitchen counter...

good thing I got hubby to do that final sweep
with fresh eyes ~ yeah
right

mind you the house looks super bare
as I did not have the energy to clean and put 
my stuff back out ~ in time ~ it will all get done

after supper I got in the tub
just me and my book


it was bliss
a glass of wine would have been perfect
but not on this trip



I have started reading Janet Evanovich
her Stephanie Plum series
and although I just finished #4
yup ~ I am way behind
I love them ~ along with the mystery
there are moments of belly laughs
love her writing!


Good thing I had no big plans for Sunday
I was foggy most of the day

so Trev came with me to the grocery store
and then I became one with the couch
had some tea with honey
and watched 50 First Dates

all in all ~ I will take another week-end like this
minus the fog please.

Thank you for all your comments on Friday's post
they made me smile
hope you all had a good week-end
and that the sun shines upon your face today
wherever you may be.

xo


5 comments:

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I had to laugh when I read this. My first apartment I got, I also got a cat. Damn thing loved the water! I was in the tub, door closed and reading a book. Pure heaven! All of a sudden there was a large amount of splashing which scared the crap out of me. I dropped my book in the tub and was trying to get out. Seems my roommate thought it would be funny to let the cat into the bathroom and it made a beeline for the bubbly tub!

It sounds like you had a nice quiet weekend except for the being under the weather part! I hope you get another one like this, without that part, soon!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

A good book and a nice tub is the answer to anything, Lori! Glad you are feeling better :) Here's to a better week, friend xo

Farmgirl Paints said...

I've read all Janet evanovich's books. So sexy and funny all at once. You know the movie is coming out right? Not sure what I think of Katherine Heigl playing her. We'll see. Oh and 50 first dates is one of favorites. Hope you are 100 percent.

Cathi said...

The bathtub, candles, books all together = my happy place! Glad you are feeling better. We have a bug going around our house right at this moment - not fun! xxoo :)

Melissa Blake said...

ooooh, this sounds so perfect today!