Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Strength

It has been snowing here all day
I drove to work and back in 4 wheel drive
it was quite the day



we have been through an emotional roller coaster
with lots of ups and downs

I am happy to report
that there have been more ups than downs so far this week
so far


Mom is stubborn
she is strong
and it looks like finally
that she has the will to live

you know when Dad passed
he took a big part of Mom with him
she has not been truly happy since
and it's been 11 years

we were a little afraid that she would just give up
and drift away
but that stubborn streak showed up yesterday
and I was so so happy to see it


I am also trying to take care of myself
get enough rest and relax when I can
 

I thank you for your emails ~ comments
thoughts and prayers
you will never know how much they mean to me
xo


6 comments:

this free bird said...

Oh Lori.

You and your mom have been on my mind all week. Thank you so much for the updates. I'll keep her (and you and your family) in my prayers. Many many hugs to you.

xoxo,
Carrie

Unknown said...

I am so happy to read this Lori, I can't even imagine what a terrible time you are going through right now.....

Thinking of you & wishing I could be there to help, support & hug you...I really mean that.

Love you special girl
Simone X

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I am so relieved she is showing some strength and will, Lori! I will still be thinking happy and good thoughts for you and your family!

Cathi said...

I have been thinking about you and your mom and glad to hear that her fight showed up! Also glad to hear that you are taking care of you too. Sending love and hugs to you sweet friend. xxoo

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

My dear friend Lori,
It's so good to hear that your mum is fighting back and that there are positive signs. You must be feeling a little better about the situation now.....and, it's good to know that you are looking after yourself. That is so important, as these times can certainly take their toll on family and friends.
Many thanks for your kind birthday wishes....you are a lovely blogging friend and, to take the trouble to email was so kind, especially with everything that u have on your plate.
Take care Lori and I will be thinking of you. XXXX

Blondie's Journal said...

I pray your mom continues to improve. You are such a strong person but you must remember to take time for yourself. When mt mother was ill, I put myself and my family last. It made the situation worse.

I will be thinking of you.

XO,
Jane