Monday, February 6, 2012

Things I Have Learned


This week-end flew by
when I turned around and it was Sunday night
I was in disbelief



Mom is off the respirator
2 days now ~ yipee

and her kidney function is returning to normal
so as long as she keeps this up
she will be moved out of ICU

so the #1 thing I have learned
is the power of prayer and friendship
is a wonderful thing



a Saturday afternoon nap
can recharge your batteries


taking the time to make and enjoy Sunday brunch
with my boy makes my heart happy


hugs ~ notes and long distance calls from
friends and loved ones
also fill my heart with joy


kicking back on Sunday night
eating lemon cake and looking at beautiful images
on Pinterest while everyone else is watching the Super Bowl
is my bliss

Wishing you a wonderful week.
xo



6 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

That picture of the napping spot had me at hello. Perfection.

Cathi said...

Sounds just perfect to me! So happy that your mom is doing much better! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers! Super glad you are taking care of you too, sweet friend! xxoo :)

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Gorgeous images as always. Here in Spain it's usual to have a nap every afternoon (siesta), and it really does re-charge me for the afternoon/evening. Twenty minutes usually does the trick ;-)
Pleased to read the good news about your mum xx

Rachael said...

Monday's are always a bit pants so it really made me smile to hear about your mum. I was telling my other half about your blog the other day- isn't it strange how the struggles of a stranger can move you? Rx

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hugs from Italy and thanks for your gifts.
Daniela

Mitzi said...

Nice post. I'm enjoying your blog with the many beautiful images!