Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome Autumn


Welcome Autumn

While I kick and scream through summer's humidity
I welcome the crispness of fall
I love the colors this time of year
and the goodness that comes from the earth

of course I mean it is harvest time


time for a good old fashioned corn boil

time for bringing together family and friends
and butter ~ ahhh lots of butter
and salt & pepper

and maybe a couple of cocktails too



the richness of the colors this time of year
Mother Nature sure knows how to flaunt her colors


the leaves have already started to change here
in the Northeast


we shall go for a walk down this path
and look around at the beauty
and breath in
and out


lastly I leave you with a place I recently fell in love with


I knew it would be beautiful this time of year


oh ~ and maybe another sunflower shot
they are at their peak right now!

xo

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous post Lori!

I share your feelings exactly....autumn is definitely my favourite season....it's sunny here today but there is a nip in the air, a freshness that I just love.

Love the colours in all your photos.....absolutely beautiful :)

Cathi said...

wonderful post Lori! I too am ready for autumn...it is still pretty warm her in Southern California, but I am waiting! :)

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What gorgeous autumnal photographs Lori It sums the season up so well. As Simone says, there is a definite autumnal feel in the air here in the U.K. I love Autumn, probably because my son got married in Autumn last year, so it always brings back the memory of that special day....and there were cosmopolitan cocktails at the wedding as well !!!! XXXX

Anonymous said...

I'm REALLY enjoying the start to the fall season although it was like 85 degrees today! LOVE the sunflower shot!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Gorgeous images! Who doesn't love Fall??

a.love said...

Great photos!! Man, I need to moveout of California so I can REALLY experience seasons!!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Love the photos. I was really ready for fall and then it started to snow...in September!

mimi charmante said...

I really want to visit you this time of year - we simply don't have the autumn color that you do! Isn't this time of year simply wonderful?
Have a fabulous weekend my friend,
xx