Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summer's Last Hurrah

There is a definite chill in the air
and the chill was very apparent here yesterday
as it was unseasonably cool
more so at the dog park than at home
as it is by the water

So after running some errands
on the way home
I decided to go outside
and shoot some of summer's last hurrah


I still have some cosmos blooming


and the hydrangea is such a pretty color this year


the sedums are so pretty


and I bought and planted
a mum in my big pot out front

I love the color of this one!


It will soon be time to take the windchimes
down for the season
and that makes me sad...

Although I enjoy the crispness of autumn
I dislike very much the white stuff that comes after it!

xo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, great photos Lori.....I'm envious of your green fingers too :)

Those cosmos are lovely...they always remind me of you now when I see them :)

Happy Sunday Honey :) xo

a.love said...

hydrangea are one of my favorite flowers. mine are all gone now :(

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Wow Lori, your photographs are really good. The one of the cosmos is brilliant. I have that hydrangea. It goes from pure white to dusky pink, to green to browm. One of my favourite plants in the garden. Thanks for sharing your lovely garden. XXXX

Cathi said...

Thanks for the lovely pictures....they are beautiful!