Saturday, September 19, 2009

Rest & Relaxation

After being on the go all last week
I have not had the energy
or ambition
to do anything once we returned home

Of course I knew that I would give myself Tuesday
to do a mountain of laundry
and get some groceries in the house
Fresh veggies & fruit
Make some meals
Eating out for 10 days straight was a bit of heaven
but left me wanting a home cooked meal

So I have sat on my butt
all week long
no cleaning although the house needs it
I haven't even been getting dressed
until after lunch!

So I sat here tonight
wondering what I should do on the week-end
Do something productive
with my final 2 days of vacation
or relax?

I would love to sit here and just look at the view...


or lay here...

aren't these calming and peaceful
and serene...

to cold now for this...

or this...

I am loving the drink in this one...

this looks like the plan...

loving this...

and if I concentrate really hard
I can hear the water trickling here...

I should be doing more of this...

down a path like this...



and maybe ~ just maybe
finish my book and start another.

Happy Week-end everyone!

5 comments:

Cathi said...

That is exactly how I felt when I got back from vacation....I say do a little of each - relax, read, walk and enjoy the rest of your vacation...have a great weekend!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I agree with Cathy....Keep your pj's on ....get that book out ....forget the trainers....sit in the hammock with the obligatory cocktail and forget all about the laundry !!!! XXXX

Unknown said...

Oooh, I am SO with you on the chairs in that first pictures....blankets, books, snuggly socks, cookies and a large hot drink.....perfect!!

Lovely images Lori :)

Anonymous said...

very cute post! enjoyed it very much!

a.love said...

oh the should do's do not look as relaxing as the want to do's!! :) kick your feet up is my vote :)