Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reconnecting

This year for me it seems to be a year of reconnecting
especially with old friends

I talked about face time here

well I was lucky enough to meet up with another
friend from the past and what a time!

When I was a teen growing up
we had a youth group in our community
and part of that was teen dances every Friday night
at the local community center.


Diane ~ although only 6 years older than I 
was one of the chaperones ~ the dj's girlfriend at the time
but she connected with us kids
and me especially

she made an impact on my life
and we kept in contact for years after 
she moved back to her home in Ontario
and then on to Alberta.

We lost contact in the early 90's
then I found her again in '03

of course now with Facebook
we keep up with each other and I was so excited 
when I found out she was coming east for a visit


I only worked a part day on Monday
so she met me at work and we went out to the
center to relive our past


it has changed so much over the years
and even I was taken back when I walked through the door

we then came back to my place
sat on the deck ~ had some drinks
looked at pictures and just caught up

it was a great day....

the rest of the week has been a whirlwind
I am home sick today ~ past the tissues please
spring colds are maddening and I have way to much to do
to feel this horrible!

Happy Thursday.
xo




8 comments:

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Aw, you poor sweet thing. I do hope you are over your cold really soon! Drink lots of alcohol, it kills off germs! That's my story and I am sticking to it! Love that you found your friend again. Looks like you two had a great time! Walks down memory lane are so much fun! I found my best friend from high school on facebook and I am so glad that I did! I love her as much now as I did then! Rest up and feel better!

Farmgirl Paints said...

i love catching up with old friends. isn't it amazing how going into an old familiar building can almost hit you in the stomach with the smell? so glad you were able to reconnect:)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

It is lovely to meet up with friends that had an influence on you as a teen.

Hope you are on the mend.

Fondly,
Glenda

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Lori,
I so sorry to hear that you are not so well.......hopefully you will feel better tomorrow and will be on the mend.
How lovely to catch up with another old friend.....you look so alike....you could be sisters. You must have had some great times to reminisce about.....and some cheeky and saucy moments to remember, I have a feeling !! haha.
Hope that you have your feet up and are resting.
Get better soon Lori. XXXX

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I love catching up with friends. I hope you start feeling better soon!!

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like you had loads of fun! There are many people I'd love to meet up with again, where does the time go?

Get better soon!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

How lovely to have a catch-up like that, so good.

Really sorry to hear you are sick my friend, ugh....take care and get well soon.

Simone xx

Cathi said...

Glad you had a fabulous time with your friend and so sorry you are under the weather! Feel better soon! hugs and sunshine to you dear, Lori! xxoo :)