Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Face Time


For me Facebook has been
both a blessing and a curse

the blessing is how I have reconnected 
with people from the past 
and then got some "face time"
some great reunions

the curse is spending way too much time
on the computer
and not having "face time" with 
some great friends

birthdays come down to wall posts
and "likes"

it is something I hope to change this year
using the social network to make plans
so we can get together to talk
face to face

I touched on my week-end on Monday
about how I got together with a couple of old friends

Tracey, Angie & I
went to junior high together
and using Facebook made plans for Saturday night

we went out to dinner then back to my place

Tracey, Lori & Angie ~ 1978/79


trying to recreate the above shot!


we got out the old records
the 45's and then the albums


Angie & I in 1979


and her today


Tracey in 1978


and today 


we had too much to drink
danced and sang until our throats hurt
and laughed a lot

it was one of the greatest nights ~ it really was.





9 comments:

Tara said...

So much fun...you guys look amazing! Better than ever!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a ball! I got together with my best friend from HS last summer. It was like we had never been apart. I feel the same way about FB. Course, I do get guilted into things. There was a girl in HS I couldn't stand. She sent me a friend request and I accepted so she wouldn't know I didn't like her still. Ugh!

BTW - you look MARVELOUS!

Mikal said...

How fun! I love all your beautiful smiles - then and now!

I'm feeling the same way about Facebook myself. I need to follow your example and set up some fun "dates" too.

Have a GREAT day!

Farmgirl Paints said...

she looks like fun. love friendships that span years and years. not really a fan of facebook either. but it does help to reconnect and that is a good thing.

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks like all of you had a great time! I would love to catch up with some of my old friends but we are all so spread apart. I do Facebook a little bit, but never really go the hang of it...and I blog way too much!!

XO,
Jane

Cathi said...

I agree with you about Facebook...love it for the reconnections, though. I have made it a point this year to get together with all of my friends from all over. It's tough juggling time to get together but so worth it. Looks like you had a fab time! xxoo :)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I love time with old friends. And welcome new ones, too.

Fondly,
Glenda

this free bird said...

okay this is really cool - although i do agree w/you about facebook. however you are friends w/peeps from hs and i've got a fake name to avoid them. scarred for life. think mean girls.

xo,
c

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Oh my gosh Lori how fun is this!? This was a fabulous post and I am so glad to hear you had a great time :) xo