Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Potpourri



it has been a busy week
and I am pleased to announce
that after all the rain
the sun did shine down upon us



Wednesday night
I left work ~ people were smiling
they had their sunglasses on
isn't it amazing how a little thing like sunshine
can change people's attitudes
after what seemed like non-stop rain


 


I look now to the week-end
a long one for us here in Canada
as we celebrate Victoria Day on Monday



my to do list is full of fun
well ~ most of it

planting my containers which entails
a visit to the garden center

a BBQ or two
maybe some drinks with the neighbors




and if the sun decides to stick around
maybe I can get to staining
that 7 miles of baseboards!




of course the lawn needs mowed
and the patio furniture needs to be put out
and cleaned

but even though these things are technically work
they make me smile
because it is warming up

it was a long cold winter



so to my fellow Canucks
Happy Long Week-end

and to the rest
my wish for you is sunshine
smiles & laughter!

Thank you for all the comments on my anniversary post
this really is a wonderful place to be!




xo

8 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Lori, This sounds like the perfect long weekend to me. Hope your sun sticks around.

fondly,
Glenda

Farmgirl Paints said...

those first couple of pics were GORGEOUS... and that quote about life and making it a masterpiece. Just wonderful. Happy weekend friend.

AC Quigley said...

Beautiful images as always - and those shoes....! Have a wonderful long weekend and enjoy the sunshine.
Andrea

Cathi said...

Sounds like you have a fun filled long weekend ahead of you, enjoy each moment! Our long weekend is next weekend where I will be going on a solo road trip to hang out with one of my besties!! Much love and sunshine to you, lovely Lori! xxoo :)

Alexa said...

love all the pics here! hope you have a lovely weekend!
alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! I am so happy that the sun came around this week! It was a busy one thought! Not enough hours in the day!!! It's raining again this morning. I hope it's not around for long. Have a wonderful holiday!

Emmett Katherine said...

Lovely photos, my favourites are the first pic (rain drops on the fence) and the shoes, beautiful.

I'm Canadian too and enjoying this long weekend :)

~Em K

PhotoPuddle said...

Such lovely images. Especially the first two.