Sunday, March 31, 2013

Randomness Abound


It's Sunday night
and I am achy but happy

I just drove Samantha home
she really does fill my heart right up to overflowing
and it hurts me when she is sad or hurting
it must be what motherhood feels like

she is having some issues with her father
and I am her buffer ~ her safe haven
and I am glad that I can be here for her
and be the fun aunt!


we were creating first
I bought all the supplies to make these cute little necklaces before Christmas
but the time got away from us both
and we got to do them today


I am in no way a jeweller
so I am just saying that these were easy peasy
and cute to boot!

the link to the instructions are here


then I showed her what I was working on yesterday
I found it on Pinterest and thought it would look good framed
so Sammie made her list and is going to work on hers tonight


we had our dinner on Friday so the rest of the weekend was 
free and clear for us

yesterday I ran errands 
and started the makings for these rolls


I tried them last month for the cooking challenge
and I had used the wrong yeast so my dough did not rise
I am pleased to say that is rose just fine this time around
and they are delicious!  

they are time consuming but worth it
I think that I will be having one with a cup of tea soon....


today along with the fun
and finding a crocus in the side garden
we also did some priming

when the drywall guy was here last week
he asked us to put a coat of
oil based primer on the walls
so the plaster would stick to it when he comes this week
so with all the up and down with the roller
my knees are screaming at me tonight!


so that is done and dare I say
I could be painting the walls next weekend
woohoo!!


I picked some samples up yesterday
and was leaning towards a safe colour
but I think my brave side has won
as Barleycorn Flour is the chosen one

I wish this shot showed the truer colour
but it is very pretty


it was a gorgeous weekend here
and our snow has gone down a ton

we noticed buds on the forsythia
and I know it will not be long now
as it was great to sit out on the deck in the sunshine today

I hope that everyone had the most wonderful Easter!

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend, Lori...not sure who Samantha is but she sounds like someone close to your heart. I have to check out that recipe for the rolls, they look yummy. What sort of fruit is that ( I am so beat right now, I can't even look!!). So glad yo are making headway on your project! Good for you!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter. I am so tired and I plan to sleep at least until 8:00 tomorrow!!

Much love,

Xo,
Jane

Unknown said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter, Lori! It looks like you did, that's for sure!