Monday, March 11, 2013

Memory Lane


As I was going through pictures last weekend
for my new series
it was like taking a stroll down memory lane

the pictures are plentiful
and although I could have sat and scanned each one of them
to save them for eternity
I scanned in a few of my favourites 
and thought I would share them here with you


this is my Grampy
I am thinking it was taken in the 50's at the farm
and I absolutely love it


flash forward 30 years or so
a typical Saturday night at the farm


rewind again to 1969
there were only 5 grandchildren that summer
with 2 more to come along in August

that's me in the back 
the little blondie

we now total 12


Christmas 1969
my brother's first Christmas
that is him and I on the end


taken the same Christmas
I think this is my favourite family photo
through the years


I chuckled when I found this one
it seems everyone has a pen squiggle except for me
do you think I had issues with my cousins when I was younger?


cosmos at the farm
this is why I love them so....

The weekend was full of cooking and cribbage
as Mom was over for a visit and supper on Saturday night

Sunday was a lazy day
made some chicken stock for fricot
and snuggled in on the couch
for some me time

hope your weekend was all you wanted it to be

xo

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love looking at old pictures, too. Sadly, all the old family pictures were passed on to my oldest sister so I can't really look at them any old time. You were such a cute kids!

Not sure what fricot is...


I will have to look at your previous post to find out what your new series is about.

Happy Monday!

XO,
Jane

Cathi said...

I love your old photos Lori - it reminds me of all of the simpler times of my childhood. Ever since I got back from my family reunion, I have been going thru alot of my old photos too. I hope this week is wonderful for you! Hugs and love to you, girly! xxoo

Barbara Lilian in France said...

I'm often taking a trip down memory lane.I think it's good for the soul.
It's usually when I'm looking for something, which I still can't find but the memories make up for the lost item. I'm sure you enjoyed your visit down memory lane showing all those wonderful photos of brothers sisters & cousins. Thanks for sharing.