Friday, September 20, 2013

Summer Wrapup


With tomorrow being the first day of fall
I thought it fitting to do an end of the summer wrap up today
instead of my usual Friday post


this summer was love ~ no matter how you slice it
looking back we did not do a whole lot 
but what we did do ~ was done with the sun shining on our faces
and love in our hearts


June brought middle school graduation
a junior prom and gorgeous pink peonies


along with trips to the cottage ~ rhubarb from the farm
and wildflowers


July was walks down old familiar roads


the views that fill my heart


sun shining through the trees


and a visit to the past


We kicked August off at the cottage with the best neighbours ever
we walked the beach, roasted marshmallows
went exploring and I had so much fun showing them the places that I love


Vacation was incredible ~ we made some new memories
with family at the camp ~ love these reunions


and spent some quality time with the girls
and our friends too


Labour Day weekend was back to the cottage
finishing off vacation right before getting back into the swing of things
called routine and September.

I loved going back through the pictures from over the past 3 months
and I hope you enjoy the ones I chose and put together to share.

Have a wonderful weekend.

xo


5 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

You have had such a lovely Summer Lori and, your wonderful photographs sum it up so beautifully.
My husband hates it when Summer is over and it starts getting cold but, I really don't mind. I love all of the seasons and, once Autumn comes, I can get my coats, jackets, scarves and boots out and cover up some of that old, saggy flesh that has crept up on me !!!! haha. XXXX

Cathi said...

Beautiful images of your wonderful times this summer, Lori! Like Jackie, I'm ready for some cooler weather so I can wear my scarves, jackets and boots! Aside from some difficult times this summer, I did have a lot of wonderful times with my family and friends! I usually see my family once a year but since May -I've been up there 5 times, which was great! Happy weekend lovely lady. Lots of hugs to you! xxoo

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Looks like you had the best summer. What a beautiful part of the world you live in; you clearly embrace every part of your universe xx
http://luxuria-jewellery.blogspot.com
www.luxuria-jewellery.com

mimi charmante said...

I sort of feel like I missed summer this year with my trip, so seeing your montage of summer memories made me feel like I got to see it through your eyes. It looked lovely Lori- especially the cottage. You know how much I would love to visit one summer~
Have a great week my friend,
x

Leslie Harris said...

I've been enjoying your posts Lori, trying to catch up a bit on you because I got behind on my blog reading when I was out of town. I loved how you did a recap of your summer. I like the idea of looking back at the summer through photos. I makes one more aware of all the wonderful times that happened.