Monday, September 30, 2013

Come Together


Yesterday my Facebook status read...

There are some places you can go and totally be yourself ~ no expectations and no judgement. Last night was one of those nights so thank you Tracey for hosting our little girls reunion and thanks to Susan, Krista, KellieAnn, Tammy, Kim & Laurie for showing up ~ sharing stories and making us all laugh ~ what a wonderful group of friends. — feeling blessed.



I have talked about this group of friends before
they are the ones that you love to see ~ not just to play
"remember when"
but to invest in their lives ~ find out what is new
how are the folks, the kids, the pets
sharing stories

I always say thank goodness for FB for helping us keep in touch
and plan gatherings like this one and the lunch date I had last month


Kim, Sue, Kellieann, Krista, Tracey, Lori & Tammy out front

I got all sappy at one point of the evening and said
you know ~ I wasn't worried about having to have my nails done
or my hair coloured
I could come here in sweats and know that I would be welcomed
with open arms

we have seen each other at our best and our worst
in happy times and sad ones
we have wiped away tears and baby spit up

we talked about everything under the sun
who have you seen?  do you know where so and so is now?
music ~ what are you listening to?
tv shows ~ don't you just love Deacon on Nashville?
and of course we did a LOT of reminiscing as well


I have a hat box full of trinkets from my 17 years of working here
and leave it to Kellieann to dig into it and surprise us all out in the gazebo
with a little impromptu fashion show



this is Laurie ~ closest thing I had to a big sister for a whole lotta years
she was my manager ~ my mentor ~ my friend
she was the one that would give me an 11 am wakeup call on Sunday mornings
when I was a carefree single living on my own
good times ~ good times

I miss that we do not see each other that often anymore
but with 2 kids ~ involved in sports ~ well there you have it
she does have a new puppy so we talked about a dog park date soon!


we missed a few that were able to make it last time but not this one
and a few that were planning to come but couldn't

the only way to remedy that is to have another one sooner than later

looking at these pictures make me smile
I truly am blessed.

xo

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Having that many special friends is a real treasure, Lori. You are blessed.

Blondie's Journal said...

Lori...I would give anything to have a nice group of friends like this to get together with...pick up right where we left off. They all look like a great bunch of gals and you look so happy. They make life complete. I've reconnected with some friends on FB but I never belonged to a big group of friends. Maybe it's just not part pf my makeup. But I love hearing about your get togethers! Hurray for all of you!

XO,
Jane

Cathi said...

This made me smile too - as getting together with girlfriends is one of the best things in life! So much fun. Glad you all had a fabulous time! (And I love a Deacon on Nashville! ) :). xxoo

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

So wonderful to meet with dear friends.

Fondly,
Glenda

Leslie Harris said...

I'm so happy for you Lori, that looks like such a fun time. I love how you post photos of these times too, I have to remember to grab my camera more.