Monday, September 16, 2013

At The Fair


Sunday after breakfast
we had a couple of options of what to do with our day

it was open farm day which we took advantage of last year
and had fun going to some local farms
to see how things work and to see the animals

it was also the 100th anniversary of
the Albert County Exhibition


I have never ever been
which is kind of weird since it has been basically in our own backyard
the past 99 years!




it was a gorgeous day
rides ~ games ~ animals
yup ~ we are in the country and I love it!




I loved the goats ~ they were so darn cute


we were in and out of every barn and when I turned the corner and saw this
I stopped in my tracks ~ no relation ~ but think that it is kinda cool all the same




so many ribbons in the horse barn

of course we walked and walked 
stopped and watched what was going on in the ring
then went into Exhibition Hall

this was county fair all the way




all the winners were on display from potatoes to pies
to flowers and quilts
each sporting their ribbons



Trev of course loved the old tractors and equipment


now I could not go to the fair and not have a candy apple
that is illegal isn't it?


it was a perfect afternoon.

What did you do over the weekend?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How FUN would that be!! I love all the judging contests - lots of great stuff there.

Cathi said...

Looks like you had a fun day at the fair! I miss going to the county fairs - it was so much fun and something we looked forward to each summer when I was a kid! Then I would take my kids and my niece and nephew when they were young. Good times! I had a whirlwind 24 hours flying up north to my cousins fabulous wedding yesterday - so much fun! Lots of hugs to you! xxoo

Leslie Harris said...

You are so right Lori. I do think there's a law against going to a fair and not having a candy apple :) So glad you didn't break it. And boy it's been too long since I had one of those yummy looking things...It looks like it was such a fun time and after scrolling over these photos I want to go to the Fair too. I think my favorite part was the animals...you took such sweet shots of them.
xo
Leslie