Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday Recipe Recommendation


I thought I might start something new for my Monday morning posts

I stick to the tried and true
and quick and easy during the week
since I work until 6 every day

hubby does not cook
but he is a great put it in the oven guy

I tend not to buy a lot of frozen food
but make things ahead that can be thrown in the oven
or reheated or else it would be late late
before we had supper each night

on the week-ends I turn to my recipe books
clippings from magazines
and Pinterest for something new to cook

this week-end I made this


Cajun Chicken Pasta (light version)

it had a kick to it which you can either tune down
or up depending on what you like

you can find the recipe here

I did not have the cajun seasoning but found a recipe 
to make my own here

we really enjoyed it and will be making it again.

We had a great week-end with Kat's birthday dinner on Friday night
then the dinner theater on Saturday
we laughed so hard ~ it is always a good time.

Hope yours was happy as well.

xo


4 comments:

Mikal said...

That looks so yummy! I'm sick of cooking the same ol things lately. It's nice to find new recipes, but making a new one on a work night is never a good idea for me! LOL

Blondie's Journal said...

This is going to be a great feature. I hate to say that I have fallen into the habit of buying frozen entrees to heat up for dinner to save time. Gone are the days that I have a whole afternoon to make lasagne or a stew. But I love your advice on planning over the weekend. I looked at the recipe, it looks so good, I will have to shop for the ingredients.

I'm so glad you had a great weekend, ours was very lazy! I guess that's what the cold weather does to us...I need to make more of an effort to get out!

Have a great week, Lori!

XO,
Jane

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Lori, you are so talented. That looks delicious - and I like that it is a little bit lighter :)

Cathi said...

That dish looks delicious, Lori! I don't buy any frozen foods myself and do use all fresh ingredients to cook too. I read this yesterday but talking about food was not on my agenda after having food poisoning! Feeling human again today though! Will have to try this, thanks for sharing, my friend! xxoo