Saturday, November 7, 2009

Feeling the Love ~ Another Award

I received another award the other day
from Carol over at
Songberries


I really feel special
when one of these awards
are bestowed upon me...

because it is for something
I really love to do.

It brings out my
creativity
and lets me pour my heart out
when I want to.

There are some rules of course
to follow when receiving this
they are:

~thank this person who nominated you for the award
~copy the logo and place it on your blog
~link to the person who nominated you
~name 7 things about yourself that people may not know
~nominate 7 creative bloggers
~post their links
~leave a comment on each

So without further ado....
ahem..

Thank you to Carol for nominating me for this award
her blog makes my mouth water
literally!
You should really run over and check her out!

Now for the 7 things you may wish you never knew about me:

I have spent most of my life in the Maritimes and consider myself
a Maritimer even though I was born in Toronto.

I worked in retail for 18 years - 17 of them at the same place
Eaton's ~ which is now out of business. I worked my way up the ladder and made lots of memories and friendships that continue today. I really miss that store and will always be an Eatonian in my heart.

I hate green beans ~ like the yellow ones but not the green.
Trevor says they taste the same ~ they - do -not!

When I was growing up I wanted to be a singer. I would enter
talent shows and sing in Christmas concerts.
Music has been and is a big part of my life.

I have a group of friends that I started Grade 1 with that I still hang around with today. Our lives have taken us all in different directions through the years ~ but we all come back together, have a couple of drinks and remember when. We do have some great stories ~ we really do!

When I go to bed at night I have to have one foot stuck out from beneath the covers.
It is almost like my toes need to breathe.

We tried to have a baby for 2 years ~ went through fertility drugs and the likes.
There was nothing medically wrong ~ it just didn't happen for us.
I have stopped apologizing for not having kids.
I have learned to live with it ~ I wish everyone else would.
It does make me sad that Trev's parents will never have grandchildren...
and I like to think I would have been a good Mom
it just was not meant to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now
I would like to nominate in no particular order:

Kim ~ mimicharmante
this is the sweet sweet girl that introduced me to blogging
and if I did not love her so much, I would hate her.

Simone ~ The Bottom of the Ironing Basket
this is my sister from across the pond
I have "known" her for almost 10 years
and cannot wait until we actually get a chance to sit down
with a glass of wine, listen to 80's music and talk and talk and talk...

Zizette ~ Chez Zizi
this is another dear friend whom I met on line when we were planning our weddings.
I was a lucky girl when I got a chance to meet her in person this summer
when we were on vacation and she was everything I expected and more.

Cathi ~ Everyday Adventures of a Curious Gal
I love to visit Cathi's blog as I usually leave with a smile on my face!

Jackie ~ Home
this is the spot where I love to go each and every day.
Her images are gorgeous and someday we will get together
and have that glass of wine!

Maggie ~ The White Farmhouse
I stumbles across Maggie when I first started blogging.
I love her sense of humor and her creativity.

Lisa ~ Recaptured Charm
I just found her through another blog and was blown away by her projects!
She is also a fellow Canuck ~ so she has to be a good girl...right?!

Now I am heading off to leave everyone a comment!!

Oh ~ I almost forgot ~
I received a package this week from Cathi!
I won her giveaway for her 100th post
so as soon as I upload my pictures
I will tell you all about it.

I am truly spoiled!
xo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on your award Lori....and on 50 FOLLOWERS TOO.....WOW!!!!! Although I am sure Kim, Zi and I would like to keep you to ourselves, we do realise that apparently we have to share you with that big ol' wide world out there!! ;) I am very proud of you.

I loved reading your 7 things....you would definitely have made a wonderful Mom....for sure, my lovely friend. And the foot thing.....I laughed when I read that.....I DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING....always....how funny!!

Thank you so much for my award and the lovely words, I was really touched reading that....you know the feeling is totally mutual and yes, one day we will meet for sure.

Simone xoxo

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Lori....you sweet, kind, lovely, generous, wonderful one !
I thank you so much for thinking of me when you gave out your awards.....I am truly honoured, and will treasure it and the sentiments behind it.
I have been following you from the beginning of my blogging journey, you were one of the first that I followed, and we have had such fun, joking with each other between our comments.
You have the most beautiful photographs that you have taken, and you are so kind with your comments when you come over to see me.
I like to think of you as a friend and hope that you do too and long may it continue.
....and, of course, well done on your award...you deserve it so much, and I look forward to reading many more of your wonderful posts and seeing your beautiful photographs.
With lots of love to you, Lori, XXXX

Cathi said...

Lori - thank you so much for nominating me - I feel very honored. I love coming to your blog to see what pictures you are going to have up and what kind of story you are going to tell....it always warms my heart - you my friend have a heart of gold, and I feel blessed to have found you!

I'm so glad you got the package - I hope it wasn't in too much of a disarray when it arrived.....but just know that it came from my heart! I hope you enjoy it! xxoo

Recaptured Charm said...

Thank you again Lori for your generous and thoughful award. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! ... and of course it's SO nice to be appreciated and recognized by a fellow Canuck!!
Lisa