Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Recipe Recommendation

Tis the season where everyone is busy
with events and holiday prep
so I thought I would share with you today
a quick and easy recipe that is delicious too!

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

via
1 can (19 fl oz/540 ml) stewed tomatoes - undrained (I use diced)
1 pkg Stove Top stuffing mix for chicken
2 cloves of garlic - minced
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 400

Mix tomatoes, stuffing and garlic until stuffing mix is moistened

Spread chicken over the bottom of a 3L casserole dish ~ top with basil and cheese

Cover with stuffing mixture and bake for 30 minutes

See ~ easy peasy!  I use low sodium tomatoes and stuffing mix
and use whatever cheese I have on hand which is usually marble

I call this Trev's signature dish as he has put this together and popped it into the oven
on a week night ~ as long as the garlic is minced and the chicken is cut up
he is good to go!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My shopping trip with the girls was a success
we were a bit silly and had a great talk over dinner

my cold really knocked me on my butt on Saturday
we went out to run some errands and I fell asleep on the couch
when I got home and didn't even cook supper
soup from a can ~ chicken noodle please...

Sunday I bounced back a bit and we went to get our tree
I mixed up the dough for the cookies I posted about from here
and puttered around getting my wrap centre all ready to go

I ended up baking some cookies on Sunday night
and they are yummy


we had some with hot chocolate while we were watching the finale of
the Amazing Race.

Wishing you all a great week ahead!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, but it sounds like it hasn't kept you down or long. Alex has also been hit with the head cold, hoping it doesn't come my way! I didn't get my decorating done this weekend as planned, but did get a lot of baking in. I had some devastating news yesterday about one of my best girlfriends and my heart is very heavy right now. Hugs and love, sweet lady! xxoo

Mikal said...

I hope you are feeling better today. We've been so lucky to not catch anything yet this yeear!

I love sitting by the fire with the lights on, Christmas music playing, and drinking my coffee in the morning - I sure don't want to get out the door on mornings like this!

These cookies you keep posting are making it awfully hard to eat well girlie - you're killing me!! LOL

Have a great week,

Mikal