Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Potpourri

Whoot Whoot

we are doing the Friday dance this morning


while I was off last week I took some pictures of my decorations
which looking back through the last couple of years
I tend to do the same things over and over

tried and true
or stuck in a rut


this is new this year
and I brought some greenery in from the yard

I think it need a splash of red
what do you think?


this is still one of my favourite things
choosing which ornaments go where
I make it into bigger job than it needs to be ~ I am sure



cranberries ~ pine cones ~ greenery
they all say Christmas to me


I even found these in the bottom of a box this year
and pulled them out

they are old as the hills and my Grandmother gave them to me 
and they are made out of soap!



got this picture of my furry boy the other night
all decked out in his Christmas finery
I think he looks handsome

we had a great date night
work is crazy busy
and I am so thankful for Friday this week

we brought the tree in last night
so I will put the lights on it tonight
so we can trim it over the week-end

I have a bit more baking
and wrapping to do

a party to attend tomorrow night
and Sunday is mine

mine mine mine

Hope your week was a good one
and that the week-end treats you kind

xo

4 comments:

Young at Heart said...

how delightful..am getting our tree today and the pies are made but still not quite feeling it yet!!

Farmgirl Paints said...

He looks very fine indeed. My favorite are the vintage bulbs in the glass jar. So.pretty. Have a great weekend girlie. We celebrate our Christmas tomorrow because we leave for IL next week.

mimi charmante said...

So this year we have a simple cedar sapling in lieu of a tree- ie. no ornaments on it... I do however have ONE single ornament hanging in the living room- from a very special friend. It hangs on the mantle next to the stockings and ever time I look at it I think of you and your incredible friendship.
Love you darling girl.
x

Mikal said...

He looks so cute - I want to cuddle him!

We are celebrating Christmas this weekend with all my kids since we couldn't be together on Christmas day. I can't wait for them to get here and hug them all tight!

Have fun decorating your tree and take advantage of Sunday!

Hugs and love to you,

Mikal