Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Potpourri

Ahh ~ the week-end
I love short weeks
and long week-ends

via

we called yesterday "fake Friday"
I had to stop and think driving home
of what day it really was
funny how our minds work sometimes

we went out for a great dinner
and ran a couple of errands
then I hunkered down for some tv time

via

via

this week-end is for projects
a big one actually

we are finally getting a chance to lay the flooring
in the master bedroom
which means unloading ~ tearing up the carpet
removing baseboards and staples
I AM the "staple girl"
pliers and a screwdriver are my friends

then while Trev is sawing and piecing things together
I am planning on a bit of sewing
a little baking and some Easter prep

via

via

via

love me some hot cross buns
bought them instead of making them this year
yummy!

via

via



via

Sunday we will head to the camp for Easter dinner
ham with all the fixin's
and I am taking dessert ~ white cake with lemon
a favorite of mine that I have been craving

via


via

you can bet we will be eating some chocolate
enjoying time with family
and remembering the true reason behind
Easter week-end.

Hope you have a great one
that the sun shines upon you
and that you are surrounded by those that you love.

xo




4 comments:

Young at Heart said...

how utterly delicious it all looks and there was me trying not to go for the second hot cross bun...happy easter!!

Blondie's Journal said...

You certainly have your work cut out for you this weekend! But the end result will be worth it and make you happy! The lemon cake looks delicious! I'd love to try it. We are having ham, too. And company for dessert, still don't know what I'm making. Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's birthday so we are going shopping together today...that will be wild!

Wishing you a wonderful and blessed Easter! Sending a BIG hug!

XO,
Jane

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Lori,
Happy, happy Easter to you and your family. A collection of such beautiful images, summing up just what Easter is all about.
Have a wonderful time with those you love. Much love. XXXX

Cathi said...

Sounds like a wonderfully fun weekend, Lori. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter! Love and sunshine to you, my friend! xxoo :)