Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Potpourri


Well hello again
it's Friday and that means 
it is time for some pretty

like a cherry on top of a sundae
after a long week


Cosmos have me wishing for summer and warmer weather


love this one




snowdrops are the first true sign of spring
along with crocus
mind you ~ I will not see my flower bed out front
until at least mid April
if I am lucky



still in my knit mode
have to stay cozy



Trish posted this one last week
and I love it!


nesting makes me think of 
comfort food
and what is more comforting than
a home made pie



so I am off today
and trying to figure out
do I take the day for me
or
do I run errands ~ do some shopping
prep the bedroom for painting

decisions ~ decisions



Lou posted this one
and it spoke to me


this one reminds me of my childhood
of days spent in the woods with my Dad
I love it.

Wishing you all a wonderful week-end
xo


5 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Thanks, Lori, for the visual treat. I loved the idea of using the doily to imprint pie dough. Clever. Hope your day off is perfect.

Fondly,
Glenda

Blondie's Journal said...

Great pictures this week {and always}, Lori! I had to copy the bottle cap quote on to my calender for my 'Quote Of The Month'. I love it! No spring bulbs for me until April as well. I do love those snowdrops though. Maybe I will plant some off the front porch so I can see them next year when the snow melts.

Take the day for yourself!! I have errands to run, but this is the only day my daughter doesn't have my car. That makes it even better to get out!

Have a Happy Weekend! :-)

XO,
Jane

Mikal said...

So what did you do sweet girl? A little of both??

So much glory in your photos as always! I would love to sit on that beautiful porch with a warm beverage and watch the snow fall....

Happy weekend sweets!

Anonymous said...

good morning lori. That picture of the pie is my favorite! Maybe you could do a little prepping and errands in the morning and then take the afternoon for you.

France said...

Excellent transaction. Book is in excellent condition, was received well before anticipated.