Saturday, October 10, 2009

Giving Thanks


Monday is Thanksgiving
here in Canada
and although it is raining today
the forecast looks good for the rest
of our long week-end

So today I will do all my inside chores
so the next 2 days can be spent outside
enjoying the season
that gives us the beauty
and splendor of colour
lots & lots of
colour.


Hopefully the rain does not beat
all the leaves off the trees today!

I found these gorgeous centerpieces...

white pumpkins looking fabulous

this one is just so pretty

loving these little pumpkins


the texture and simplicity in this one is wonderful


another white but with a splash of colour

this one is so simple but I love it


Then on Monday
we will be going to my in-laws
to enjoy a feast

My mother in law can cook
a tasty feast
and make the best gravy.

I have been attending
"Barb's School of Gravy"
for about ten years now
because I grew up in a family
of crappy gravy makers
it is not a secret
Mom knows...she really does
she uses the stuff
that comes out of an envelope
yup

so after years of training
I am getting better
but I think on Monday
I will still leave it up to my mother in law
cause she does it best!

So we will have turkey and stuffing
and all the fixings

and of course some pumpkin pie
with real whip cream
yup ~ she does it right...

So I will give thanks for
my family, my friends
we are healthy and happy

that we have a roof over our heads
and that we both have jobs
vehicles in the driveway
and love in our hearts

Happy Thanksgiving
with love from Canada



xo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, have a wonderful day with your loved ones.

Beautiful autumn images :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hope you enjoy the festivities!! That pumpkin pie looked soooo yummy:) Love all of your fall pics...gorgeous oranges.

Cathi said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, Lori...I truly am thankful that I came across your blog, you always brighten my day! Have a piece of pumpkin pie for me! :)