Saturday, October 24, 2009

Frosty Mornings


The last couple of weeks have shown
that summer is really over

While I love fall
and the crisp days it brings
I do not enjoy winter

cold ~ cold ~ cold

as long as I have some snow
for Christmas Eve
and Christmas Day
it could disappear the rest of the year
and I would be a
happy girl.

Frost however is beautiful
I love how it makes everything shine
and look so pretty


the sun catches it


it makes ordinary things
look extraordinary


see what I mean
barbed wire all dressed up for the party


too pretty


grass dipped in crystal


gorgeous!


has there been frost on your pumpkins yet?

xo

8 comments:

Cathi said...

Beautiful pictures, Lori...No frost on our pumpkins on anything else yet...looking forward to it! Have an awesome weekend! xxoo

Unknown said...

These are beautiful images Lori.

No frost here....yet :)

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful job once again! Blah, I cannot take a decent pic to save my life! Frost can magically transform anything into a thing of beauty. I'm with you about the snow too.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh, Lori, these pictures are so beautiful....grass dipped in crystal is stunning...... absolutely amazing. XXXX

Anonymous said...

These images are stunning! I am completely with you on loving fall EXCEPT that it leads to winter. :-( We've had more than frost here already - we've had snow 3 times which is VERY unusual (and sad). Hope you're having a great weekend.
pk @ Room Remix

Christina said...

Beautiful pictures. We have had frost here already, so dread winter.

Relyn Lawson said...

You are an incredible photographer. I am just stunned by these amazing, frosty images. No frost on our pumpkins, but I live considerably further south than you do.

suvarna mollerup said...

Came here by way of Relyn's blog and I'm so glad I did, your blog is lovely and these frosty images are fabulous!