Sunday, January 12, 2014

Scraps of Memories


I have wanted a weekend with no plans
no expectations 

well this one was close ~ but there are plenty of weekends left in 
January and February for that!


since I packed up Christmas last weekend
but did not get around to anything else ~ I cleaned on Saturday
and put things back out where they belong
changing some things and leaving others

I have been having fun with my chalkboard
looking up different quotes and then trying to replicate them
and yes ~ I am doing it all freehand
probably did not need to point that out!

Before Christmas when I bought the mini lights to make these
and the ones I got originally had the green wire instead of white
I set them aside with all intentions of returning them
but they never got back to the store

meanwhile on Pinterest I found pictures/tutorials for 
ribbon or fabric garland
and my mind immediately went to a tote full of fabric
I have in the closet from days gone by when I used to make
fabric covered photo albums and address books
think late 80's / early 90's


 basically fabric I knew that I more than likely would never use again
but was holding onto it because that is how I roll!


so I spent the afternoon measuring and cutting
strip after strip ~ smiling at the memories some of these fabrics hold
and I knew I was on the right track


so I have started knotting them on the lights and I really like how everything is coming together

I will add in some ribbon as well then string them up
easy peasy!

Hope you had a great weekend!


3 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

That's gonna rock girl.

Cathi said...

That looks fabulous, Lori...years ago I made a fabric wreath and this reminded me of that! Have a wonderful week, lovely lady! xxoo

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Your chalkboard looks beautiful! We've been wanting to put one in our home forever. This may be the little push I need :) Love you sweet friend xo