Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Potpourri

New year ~ fresh start
clean slate

via

via

so far the new year has brought us crisp
-30 C with the windchill crisp

brrrrrrrr



I have been loving getting around
reading about everyone's goals
and words for this year



I have some ideas ~ some plans
I need to sit down and get them all recorded

but first I have to get Christmas packed up
and put away!

via

via



so that is my plan for the week-end
pack up ~ clean ~ relax ~ plan

via

via

and I may attempt to make this soup
looks like just the fix for this cold weather.

So ~ what are your plans?
have you already banished Christmas from the house
is your tree down?

Wishing you a wonderful week-end!

7 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hi Lori,
I removed Christmas from our house yesterday ....... now the house looks so empty and all of the magic has gone !!..... back to reality.
As for plans ..... I never make any. I just take everything as it comes ...... no 'one word' for the year, no goals ..... maybe that's 'cos I'm old !!!! haha
..... and, that soup looks divine.
Have a lovely weekend Lori. XXXX

Blondie's Journal said...

Each day I plan to put away all the Christmas things and then the day gets away from me! This is NOT the right way to start the year!

Happy Weekend!

XO,
Jane

Mikal said...

I still have all my Christmas decorations up! That's my Saturday project - how said it will be to take all the lights and sparkle down! :)

That soup looks so good right now!
I'm freezing!!!

Have a great weekend!

Farmgirl Paints said...

tree is down, nothing is in it's place yet:/ got caught up in organizing my craft room...i could never resurface. it's like alice in wonderland and the rabbit's hole. happy weekend friend. make that soup! oh and i got your cuff done. just need to mail it.

Cathi said...

Making soup sounds delicious - I may do that this weekend. I have a little bit of after Christmas clean up but my tree is down. Steff leaves tomorrow to go back up to school - it's been wonderful having her around, but She starts back to school on Monday. My plan this year is to treat myself gently and enjoy life as it comes. My sis and I are taking my mom to Catalina Island at the end of the month, looking forward to a girls weekend! Alex's busy season is gearing up so I will savor the free time that we have for the next few weeks. Happy weekend, sweet one! xxoo

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Yes Christmas is well and truly removed from the house. I also did lots of cleaning and purging today and it made me feel refreshed after being sick throughout Christmas and New Years. I also made some comfort food; slow cooked lamb shanks in red wine xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.