Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hello Spring!

The first week-end of spring
was interesting weather wise

Saturday we had gorgeous temperatures
14 C here on the east coast

I was ready for it

Friday night on my way home
I stopped and picked up some tulips

I have a big bouquet on the table
and another smaller one in the bedroom

then a single stem
in the kitchen

they make me smile

On Saturday I scooped up Molly
and headed to the dog park

the freedom
she ran and ran
and played

when we got home
I ventured around the yard

in my new boots
I think they are cute

I found this little gem

my tulips peeking out of the ground

the sedum is greening up

the lilies are getting in on the action

Now I will have to wait a bit
and get all that old stuff cleared away
so the buds can breath in
the spring air

~*~*~*~*~


I saw these and needed to scoop them up

I am usually not a pastel loving girl
but I could not let these pass me by

Sunday was cooler
but still a nice day
we took a drive down to the cottage

but that is a while other post
so more on that later



for now we will enjoy the tulips

and oops
I almost forgot

you must head over to
Farmgirl Paints

she is hosting a giveaway
and you are not going to
want to miss this one.

Hope you had a wonderful week-end!



xo

7 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Your boots are so cute. I'm lovin' tulips this year. I try to purchase some every week:)

Lisa said...

It HAS felt like spring for a couple of weeks here now, then both Saturday and Sunday we woke up to a small splattering of snow on the ground. ??! Very strange. Our tulips here are very confused!
(Love your boots too!)

The White Farmhouse said...

Lovely tulips. They are one of my favs. I can't wait to go to Holland, MI to see them in all their splendor. Love love love those boots! How cute are those?!

Sorry I missed your Fri post. Great job! Somehow I seem to have found 3 more pounds. You are doing a fantastic job.

Cathi said...

I adore tulips...they are so beautiful and your boots are pretty cute too! Have a fabulous week! xxoo :)

Simone said...

Beautiful....very cute wellies (as we call them!) too! :)

Mikal said...

LOVING those tulips and all your signs of spring... I think we are all looking forward to new growth!

Have a beautiful day!

Mikal

Jetta... said...

Tulips are my favorite. They really do make me smile. Thank you for such a happy post!