Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Potpourri


Happy Friday
and I think it is time
for a little pretty...

via

 this quote really spoke to me this week
for someone that wishes the weeks away
as they are sometimes just too long
and the week-ends ~ too short

I will do my best to "be" in the moment
and enjoy the weekdays too

via
 country roads ~ take me home
to the place ~ I belong

I think I need some more time on the cape
at our little cabin in the woods
next week-end ~ that is my goal

via

via
via
 truly love this picture and the message
as there is nothing like a wooden screen door

via
 and this window ~ I do adore everything about it
the farmhouse sink ~ the old window 
and the shelf ~ brilliant!

via

I have been craving peach pie and these are the cutest ever
 


 this week has been kind
with more beautiful weather ~ going for some walks
connecting with some old friends
reading books and blogs

remembering this same time last year
when my best girl was here for a week
I won't see her this summer
and I miss her

I think I just talked myself into a phone date with her!

via

via
this week-end will be a busy one
Sunday we are heading to an outdoor concert
going to see the "Boss" this year
as Bruce is playing on the hill

looking forward to it ~ spending time with old friends
with some great music
you can't get any better than that!

Hope you have a wonderful week-end
xo


8 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

How do you find these images girl? Love every single pic and quote. Sorry you won't see your friend this summer. Maybe you can skype? I've never done it, but its supposed to be pretty cool.

Barbara said...

Yeah for Bruce!!

Cathi said...

Enjoy your musical fun filled weekend - it sounds fabulous! Steff and I are heading up the coast this weekend to find her a home for the college year - fingers and toes crossed! Love the quotes and that kitchen window photo is lovely! xxoo :)

Blondie's Journal said...

Your beautiful images always perk me up! I love that farmhouse kitchen, too!

Lucky you, getting to see The Boss. Never have but I just love him! Have a ball!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

Gorgeous images Lori.....wish we could sit in a porch one day together :)

And those peach pies look delicious, yum!!

Enjoy The Boss!! Xxx

Mikal said...

LOVE your plans, LOVE your message about being in the moment, LOVE LOVE LOVE all these images!

And love YOU too!

Lou said...

Lori! What fantastic quotes! And images too...a gorgeous little selection. Quite envious you are going to see Bruce - I have always had a soft spot for him. And by the way - that country lane image has a definite 'Anne of Green Gables' quality! Lou x

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Such pretty photos and I really like that quote!!