Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Potpourri

Let's hear it for Friday
and 9 more sleeps

not that I am counting or anything...


I should not have to step into another store
unless it is to get groceries


most of the baking is completed
and the gifts are boxed ~ the wrapping will commence tonight



tomorrow night we are attending a party
good friends ~ good food
and drinks

plus an added bonus
we are close enough that we can walk home


we had a little scattering of snow yesterday
then it got mild and changed to rain
oh well ~ I am happy with the weather
for a change



so tomorrow I will fill the candy dishes
make some cupcakes
put the presents under the tree
and prepare for the party



Sunday is some cleaning ~ menu planning
food buying and relaxing

I have a date with the tv for the Survivor finale
have you been watching this year?


I am also going to take the time
to get around to everyone ~ read & comment

Hope you all had a wonderful week
and that your week-end is stress free
and full of fun!


xo


9 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Lori,
You sound SO organised.....all you need do now is enjoy yourself!!
I'm not that far behind you. I have to wrap all of the presents, which takes me ages as I like them to look nice, and I have to compile a shopping list of all of the food and, of course, DRINK !!
Enjoy all of your get-togethers and, you can have quite a few cocktails as you can walk home !! XXXX

Blondie's Journal said...

Love that you have the Christmas spirit...it shows. Have a great time at your party and decking your halls!! Just 10 more days!

XO,
Jane

Mikal said...

9! OH MY HEAVENS - I am so behind!! I'll be burning the midnight oil this weekend, but it will be fun! Enjoy yours!!

janet said...

You do sound organized and calm! Am also having a weekend party and feeling very rattled! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

janet

Unknown said...

I LOVE that you are so organised, well done...mind you, I know you are like this every year, you are GOOD!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!! XXXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! I hope enjoy a wonderful, relaxing Christmas this week! I just LOVE that red and white photo. I've already been thinking that next year I may go traditional with red/ white!

Fitra2009 said...

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment and following your blog here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog and following me back too.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

You have worked hard and now you have a week ahead of you . . . to enjoy.

Merry Christmas, Lori.

Fondly,
Glenda

Delena said...

Yes I taped Survivor and waiting patiently for my husband to go to bed so I can watch it!!