Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Potpourri ~ Boo!


Truth be told I am really not into Halloween
I love the treats
and the pumpkins

via

but I have never been one for dressing up
or doing a lot of decorating

I do love seeing the kids ~ especially the little ones
so I cannot wait to answer the door tonight

via

via

tomorrow we head to the cape
and close up the cottage for the season
so sad ~ we hardly used it this year

rain is in the forecast so I will make a big pot of soup
to have when we come home
with some home made biscuits


via

brownies are in the forecast as well
a little craving going on here

via

it has been a long hard week
a very busy time ~ stressful

I have a couple of friends going through some difficult times
so I think about them and worry
and pray

via

maybe cake will make everything better
no?  ok then

I originally had vacation planned for next week
but decided to work a few days of it so I made 2 long weekends
I will take a day for me and a day for errands and getting things done

as November comes the calendar begins to fill up
plans are made ~ we start the lists

so I will take this weekend to do some pre-planning
to help ease the hustle and bustle of what is just around the corner.

happy weekend


4 comments:

Foxanddahlia said...

Happy Halloween. I am with you on the not dressing up and decorating however I do always carve one pumpkin for the night!



Cathi said...

Happy Halloween - I am not into dressing up either but I love the treats. Haha. I am hanging up in NoCal with Steff this weekend giving her some mama tlc after her surgery. Movies and treats for us tonight! Lots of love and hugs! xxoo

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Those brownies look delish, my friend! I hope you had a nice weekend :)

Leslie Harris said...

Hi Lori, I'm catching up with your life, hope your friends are doing better. Sigh, it's so hard to see people we care about going through tough times.
xo
Leslie