Monday, October 6, 2014

Celebrating 50 Years

Just over a week ago I was up before the birds
honestly ~ I do not see 5:00 AM on a regular basis
but this was a special occasion as I had a plane to catch

I jetted off to Toronto for the weekend
I know ~ fancy that!

I was going for a reason of course
as a very special couple was celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary


you know you have your favourites and these are two of mine
Aunt Jeanne is my Dad's older sister 
and they were really close

it was Dad that introduced them 52 years ago
and after all this time they are still going strong

I had not seen them in 7 years ~ way too long
there have been health issues through the years
so when this opportunity came up I made it happen

when we were there on Friday prepping for the party
I sat on the front step ~ so many memories
in that house, on that street
it felt like being home ~ that makes me smile 
even as I type the words right now

Aunt Jeanne, Chris, Uncle Dave & Gina


Gina worked so hard planning everything out
and I was happy to be there to help her with food prep ~ decorating
organizing ~ lists galore ~ we were in our element

she found this on Pinterest and ordered it from Etsy
everyone thought it was a great idea



this is my Auntie Sue ~ another favourite
she is the baby of the family and I love her to pieces


I flew up on Thursday morning and home Sunday night
so my time was brief but we packed a lot of memories into 4 days


she's my best girl and I love her so.....

I feel like I have been gone forever and a day
but I know I haven't

I fly in ~ read a bit ~ try and leave some comments 
then I am off again

don't give up on me ~ I am still here.....


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved reading this Lori, so nice to see you & Gina together :)

It looks like a lovely occasion & I bet you are really glad you went....doesn't your Aunt look like your Dad, a very strong family resemblance there?

Love the family tree too, that's really lovely.

Found myself thinking about you today, hope all is well my friend Xx

Cathi said...

I'm glad you were able to go and spend time with your family - all the party touches were beautiful! I was up at 4:30 am to catch a flight this morning to get my rear into work on time, but I had a fabulous weekend with my family and a wonderful time at Alex's nieces wedding too! Love and hugs, sweet friend! xxoo

Leslie Harris said...

Lori! Good for you that you made that trip happen. What a special occasion, honestly we have to just grab those moments. And 50 years is such a big milestone. I love those little touches Gina added for the party. Especially the family tree, it looks like it was planned with love.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Lori, Lori ……. where have you been …… I miss your regular posts .
How lovely for you to see your relatives again after 7 years ….. I bet there were a few tears !! It looks as if a lot of hard work went into the celebrations and must have made it such a special day for your aunt and uncle. Family celebrations are so important, I think.
Also, I just want to say that I hope Trev is OK and that each day gets a little easier for him { and you and your family, of course }. Lots of love. XXXX