Friday, September 8, 2017

Oh September




Well hello there ~ it's been a long long time
and here I sit ~ Friday morning and the first of two vacation weeks
is drawing to an end

thankfully I have next week off too
so I thought I would catch you up on what has been happening
the last 6 months!

When I last posted my brother was in the hospital
he was on an uphill climb and I am happy to say
he was one day short of 2 months in 
but came out the other side

he is still not back to work but going to rehab
and getting stronger every day


with the Spring we were thrust into grad year prep
prom dress shopping ~ college acceptance letters
and graduation

birthdays celebrated ~ gatherings with friends
concerts where we sang and danced
making new memories along the way



prom night was so much fun ~ I loved seeing all the kids
the different dresses ~ colours
I was grinning from ear to ear and snapping like a mad woman!




Sam with her Mom & Dad.


Grad night I was a proud Auntie for sure


Sam and Kat after the ceremony


The end of June my oldest niece Katrina decided to spread her wings
and she left for out west

on Father's Day we took a trip to the cape
down to the cottage and the farm
it was a great family day
we picked Sam up after work and everyone came to our place
where we had dinner and just spent some quality time together

I am happy to say that she is going great and loving it.




Summer was a mix of weekends at the cottage
a day trip or two
and just soaking up the nice weather
family gatherings
special times with special people

and with that ~ I will finish off my little update
not sure if anyone out there is still reading
but documenting for myself more than anything I guess.

Hope you had a great summer
xo

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I've missed your posts, Lori! I truly hope you find the time and desire to post in the future.

I am so happy to hear your brother is improving. He sure had my prayers. I love his sign! Love and prayers to him and your whole family.

Your summer sounds like it was a lot of fun. It went by fast but great. Your niece is a doll...she is lucky to have you in her life.

Love to you,

Jane

Unknown said...

So lovely seeing photos of your nieces, they're all grown up!

Lovely visiting your blog again, I thought my blogging days were behind me, but I've found myself thinking about it again so who knows....Xx

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

So pleased to hear that your brother is doing well Lori.... it must have been a very difficult time , not only for him but also for friends and family. Hope everything and everyone is fine .... we all miss your posts Lori XXXX