Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Potpourri

Thankful for Friday
and for a long weekend
that will be full of family, friends and food!

via

via

the leaves are slowly changing
seems later this year ~ but everything is about a month late
around these parts

a late spring into a summer that we thought would never arrive
then when the calendar said it was fall
it was still feeling like summer ~ warm days and evenings
windows still open

but things change quickly
we have had our first frost ~ cool foggy mornings
but oh so nice days


via

I have been trying to stop and pay attention
all week long
looking around at what I take for granted
it is the little things that mean so much
and make a difference in our lives

via

via

grateful for an evening filled with flowers, 
friends and fun when we took a centerpiece class
I don't think Martha will see it and say "we need her on staff"
but there were lots of laughs

via



still panning and looking for inspiration for the living room
was hoping to paint this weekend but that is not going to happen
so wait I will and then get out looking for furniture
as I want to love it and not settle because I have some sort of deadline
because I don't




via

also in the midst of menu planning ~ list making
as I am hosting dinner on Sunday
I will do some of the work tomorrow to cut down on prep
it's so much easier to just throw things in the oven the day of
looking so forward to it!

via

via

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends
and Happy Week-end to the rest!



4 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What wonderful Autumnal images Lori ....... I'ts definitely Autumn here but with clear blue skies and sunshine .... just gorgeous.
Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the autumn. XXXX

Foxanddahlia said...

Have a lovely weekend. Great images, as always x

Cathi said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lori - it sounds like you're up for a beautiful love filled weekend! Enjoy each moment. We're still waiting for autumn here - it's triple digits for us this weekend! xxoo

Leslie Harris said...

I'm so glad I live in a world with Octobers ....and in a world with blog posts from Lori. As usual I love all of your images and your thought provoking words. I agree about being grateful for the little things. And what?! You took a centerpiece class? Hey where's those pictures hahaha sounds like you're enjoying your October. I've been away for a bit and I'm just stopping by to say Hi.
hugs,
leslie