Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Potpourri


Friday morning
and it looks like it is going to be a fabulous day

this vacation week was picked back in the fall
with hopes of jetting off somewhere warm
but since that was not in the cards for us
it was a working at home week ~ well mostly

via



via

I put a post out there on Instagram on Sunday
my brother was having some health problems
and I was looking for prayers ~ thank you for those
and your kind words

he was released from the hospital on Wednesday
and although he has a new road to travel
he is here and feeling a lot better

via



via

painting was high on the to do list this week
I finally got the closet doors done in our bedroom
along with installing new nobs

then I tackled the bathroom
one coat of primer and 3 coats of paint
can you say complete ~ done ~ finis

I do love it ~ so much brighter
I will share pictures soon

via



massage and a mani-pedi was in the cards as well
don't you love gift cards

and the weather has been so nice ~ warm temps
the snow is melting.......slow but sure

via


via


oh yeah ~ by the way ~ this is one of my favourite cakes ever
old fashion yellow cake with chocolate frosting
I am a simple girl really

it is my birthday eve and I have mixed feelings this year
this is a milestone event in my life
lighting 50 candles on the cake
reflecting on my life ~ what to keep ~ what to change
like cleaning out a closet
I think there will be more on that as well

so tomorrow night we will gather ~ I am so looking forward to seeing
people that mean the world
Trev has been in planning mode with help from a couple of my girlfriends
I know we will have a good time

via


Cheers to the weekend
hope it's a good one!


3 comments:

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Happy Birthday weekend! Enjoy!

Your week sounds busy and great, I am sure it was nice to get all of those things done. A freshly painted room is always nice.

Happy to hear about your brother! Prayers to his recovery.

Foxanddahlia said...

Have a lovely weekend. Gorgeous images x

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I loved turning 50, ages ago. Happy Birthday, dear Lori.

Fondly,
Glenda